Friday, March 20, 2015

Journey Cake Ho!

One of my favorite children's books was Journey Cake Ho! by Sawyer and McCloskey. It involves a boy with wanderlust who packs up to leave the farm and ends up chasing a wayward journey cake hither and yon. There's more, but I don't want to spoil the ending for you.

When it came time to name a travel blog, this came to mind. I love travel, exploration, culture, food, history and all that crap. Really love it. So, I travel when I can.

Right now, my husband and I are preparing for a much post-poned, much needed vacation in Paris. In a week and a half, we will be heading to the airport. I've decided that my vacation starts the moment I leave the house. The very fact that I'm leaving the house to be gone for 9 days is the big deal. The fact that its going to be in Paris is just gravy.

So, I'll keep a casual blog going along with my regular travel scrap book, capturing impressions and scraps to remind me of how wonderful it is to travel.

This trip's new thing? I've been using Babbel to brush up on my french. Of course, I'm not as brushed up as I want, or as ready, or as prepared or as thin, or have as much pocket money as I want, but never mind. None of that really matters anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment